SAM Learning is an education services company that provides a series of proven solutions for school leaders. These solutions are delivered through the SAM Success Cycle, a multiple-year partnership to support long-term school improvement in a cost-effective way. This is our unique way to fulfil our company mission to provide a launch pad for career and life.
SAM Success Cycle
- Multiple-year partnership to support long-term school improvement
- Improving efficiencies and effectiveness within schools as well as significantly reducing costs
- Proven solutions for school leaders include:
- Builds on research already gathered during the Targeted Intervention Framework with SAM Learning
- Internationally recognised MirandaNet Fellowship
- Be a research-active school
Builds on research already gathered during the Targeted Intervention Framework with SAM Learning
Teachers and school leaders collect a wealth of practice-based research on effective intervention strategies while completing the SAM Learning Targeted Intervention Framework. Participants can now use this work to secure a MirandaNet Fellowship as part of the school’s CPD programme.
Internationally recognised MirandaNet Fellowship
- Receive a MirandaNet Fellowship and become a member of an internationally recognised community
- Have your research published on the MirandaNet Knowledge Hub with a reflection by Dr Christina Preston about what has been discovered
- Teachers and school leaders are eligible
Be a research-active school
Provide evidence to Ofsted that the school is research active. The resulting articles can be used by the school to inform policy and practice and for marketing purposes.
The process takes about six weeks
- The process takes about six weeks following completion of the Targeted Intervention Framework and achieving certification with SAM Learning
- Receive template for research write-up
- Spend half a day preparing a 2,000-word research paper
- Spend half an hour meeting with a MirandaNet professional (via Skype) discussing research and receiving feedback
- Submit draft version of research article
- Receive suggestions and comments to refine final submission
David Jaffa MA(Cantab)
David is the CEO and also Chief of Crazy Ideas for SAM Learning, based in central London, and Penda Learning, based in Atlanta GA, whose mission is to provide a launch pad for career and life for young people. Over 4 million students have benefitted so far. Following a very inspiring meeting with Sir Richard Branson in 2014, David and his wife Maxine formed The Jaffa Foundation, a non-profit with the objective of devising and delivering pioneering projects in education.